RetRO Refugees
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my wiz builds

5 posters

Go down

my wiz builds Empty my wiz builds

Post  dusted Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:24 am

Here are my 2 builds I'm deciding on right now.

build 1
str 1+11
agi 1+20
vit 39+1
int 90+31 i went with 90 instead of 89 so battle orders gives me min matk bonus along with max
dex 96+24
luk 10+7
Matk 471-801 BC Matk 517-863

build 2
str 1+11
agi 1+20
vit 49+1
int 84+31
dex 96+24
luk 10+7
Matk 426-740 BC Matk 470-800

evil bone wand
elder willow circlet
elder willow sunnies
gangsta mask
frilldora muffler
ED and doke silks
crystal pumps
thara guard
nimble gloves

dusted

Back to top Go down

my wiz builds Empty Re: my wiz builds

Post  Decadence Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:54 am

2nd one looks pretty sweet, though you should at least switch to poopoo and smokie in OFB/at the Emp. First one is too much of a hybrid for my tastes. And put that last point in str please =P

Decadence

Back to top Go down

Post  Oscar Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Although raydric card is usually overused by classes that don't need to worry about physical damage, wizard is not one of those classes. There's not much a wizard can do with frilldora card. Wizards need to follow everyone so they can give big fire power. Lonely wizards are too vulnerable to do anything, and Cloak is good for classes that can justify being by themselves to do something important, such as a monk cloaked ready to asura a sage that he otherwise wouldn't be able to approach. Also I'd rather matyr shoes over crystal pumps. Wizards are rarely hit with magic, and if you were, you have plenty of mdef already. Crystal pumps are for things like precast, where you essentially have infinity HP because you're spamming pots so damage reduction is more important, but wizards because of their low health are vulnerable to spikes of damage, and wizards don't ever really rambo precasts, other than when you are devod and/or you are standing on LP. Also wizards can't carry enough pots to try to rambo through any sustained damage. Matyr card and raydric card are seriously useful so that you can stay alive when knights break through and start using BB and brandish on guys.

Arc wand with 2 drops cards, or staff with 3 drops cards, give more stat points to you than a bone wand (5 vs 4). The choice between these two comes down to whether dex or int is your most expensive stat.
For example in your builds, dex is more expensive than int, so you'd get a staff with drops cards and increase your base int by 2 and reduce your base dex by 3 and you have the same build with more left over stats:

str 9+11
agi 1+20
vit 49+1
int 86+29
dex 93+27
luk 9+2

2x elder willow cards
ED card
2x zerom gloves
staff with 3x drops cards

Notice how it's exactly the same as build #2 but can carry 80 more mastellas, or 18 more whites/jellies.

In reference to the idea of build 2, where you lowered int to get more vit: consider that if you lower dex instead of int, and use a lower level of storm gust, you often achieve exactly the same thing. If you go to a stat calculator you'll find that lower levels of storm gust give very similar damage/speed trade offs as exchanging gears and points between int and dex. So if you want to trade points for more vit, I'd prefer lowering dex. Also take in to account that in an organised guild such as this you can rely on bards to know where and when to bragi, so expensively pushing the upper limits of dex is no where near as useful as getting vit and str. Also dex doesn't need to be a multiple of anything.

str 10+11
agi 1+20
vit 49+1
int 91+30
dex 88+26
luk 9+2

2x elder willow
ED card
2x zerom gloves
arc wand with 2x drops cards

At the expense of 6 dex, you get the same int as build #1, the vit from build #2, 10 str so that you can carry 90 more mastellas or 18 more whites/jellies.

FYI I personally would not plan around battle chant, and I have lower dex, more str, and on some stun happy servers more vit than any of these builds, and use fabre cards, poo hat and alarm mask or nightmare carded sunnies, and often a permanent smokie card. I say that wizard can't afford to be carrying much gear around so I don't plan to switch gears unless I have a cart with me in the emp room, and so I might not have ED either.

Last edited by Oscar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Oscar

Back to top Go down

Post  Frosty Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:13 pm

calcx.wushuang.ws/pvp.html?calbLaYanabaXbLbqakaj
aabzaafafafaae6aaaaaaaaacGaad7aXeueKbnfeaafhaa
fwbMfwbMaaaaababkkaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaHaaaa

My suggestion. 105 is a good amount of int to hit and I'd personally go max dex.

New members not being able to link for 7 days is gay
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Post  Decadence Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:40 pm

I agree with 105 int being a sufficient amount, but a precast consisting of only 105int wizs will be missing some punch as well, so something like that might not be a bad idea.
About using matyr instead of pumps...there's really no good reason to do that. There are 2 reasons to use matyr: pvm and surviving asura. As a wiz you wont be able to survive asura unless you're devo'd anyway, and if you're devo'd matyr won't do anything. On the other hand, you get less dmg from magic attacks with pumps and therefore need less healing items. So you have no justification for using matyr.
As for getting more str: I had 2 base-str on retro, carried enough Holy Water, Green Pots, Blue Pots, Red Gems and Blue Gems (also 2 Mufflers and 2 Silks) to never have to worry about running around with cure-able statuses or run out of Gems/SP, and still had enough room for >170mastelas, which meant I did not die, unless I failed to hide asura. On this server EPT drops mastela at 85%, so please.. dont skill str unless you have 2 points left over.

Decadence

Back to top Go down

Post  Frosty Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:23 pm

both of the builds are lower dps in meteor spam. 105 int max dex 50 vit ftw
If you want more dps drop vit and get moar int.
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Post  AMzobud Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:32 pm

We only need 1 high int wiz.

As said before 105 total int, max dex rest vit some str is best build.

Also when you plan in gear, you take the stats thats most expensive like Oscar said. When your dex is 9x and int is 8x you gear everything dex, drop base dex and put it into int having more stats.

AMzobud

Back to top Go down

Post  dusted Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 am

Thanks for the comments on the builds, I didn't even think about the 3s staff. I went with the higher INT to try it out or I would of went my normal 99dex again.

dusted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down